~shopaholics~

~my playlist~


~Preview some of the lesson material~

Warm Up: Do you agree or disagree? Why?

1. I love to go shopping.


2. I often buy things that I don't really need.


3. I often buy things that I didn't plan to buy.


4. My friends would consider me a shopaholic.


5. I have recently made a large purchase.

True or False?: Guess (before the article) or answer (after the article) whether the sentence is true or false. If false, correct the sentence.

1. According to the article, shopaholics are people obsessed with shopping.

2. Less people suffer from compulsive buying than in the past.

3. According to the article, more women than man are shopaholics.

4. Shopaholics may also suffer from anxiety and low self-esteem.

5. Both rich people and poor people suffer from compulsive buying.

post-Comprehension: Talk about the following questions in pairs/groups. Remember to support your answers!

1. Based on the information in the article, would you consider
yourself a shopaholic? Why/not?

2.Based on the information in the article, do you know anyone
who might be a shopaholic? Why/not?

3.Do you agree that women and men suffer from the problem
equally? Why/not?

4.Do you agree that anxiety and low self-esteem cause compulsive
buying? Why/not?

5.What solutions are there for people who are shopaholics? How can
they be helped?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

~i love shopping~